A brief rundown of what's been happening. Ready?
- A weekend trip to visit our friends in Bartlesville. Watch fireworks.
(Here are the boys this summer)
(And here they are five years ago)
- Kids develop a decided preference for listening to Ray Charles' "Hit the Road, Jack."
- Start my new job.
- Kids learn to swim underwater.
- Atticus turns five. Receives two annuls (lizards) and numerous Star Wars toys.
- Atticus learns to ride a bike without training wheels.
- Atticus gets three ticks in an unfortunate place.
- We spend an hour convincing Atticus to let us get close enough to remove said ticks with tweezers.
- Take the kids to the animal shelter so they and the animals could entertain each other.
- Acquire 37 chickens, 5 turkeys, 3 ducks, 2 geese, and 4 sheep.
- Lose 1 turkey to Craig inadvertently squashing it.
- Lose 4 turkeys, 3 ducks, and 2 geese to predators.
- Acquire 2 livestock guardian dogs (Apollo and Athena) to stop the attrition.
- Kids take first trip to Frontier City with Dad, Nana, and Papa:
- Atticus learns to whistle.
- Franny develops expert skills at catching chickens.
- Craig shoots rattlesnake.
- I take Bar Exam.
- Take kids to tour the state capitol building. They think it's awesome fun.
- Leave state capitol to discover car battery is dead in 100' heat. Call for rescue. (Thanks, Mom!)
- Read "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "The Fantastic Mr. Fox."
- Franny, out of nowhere, moans "I'm so stressed out."
Atticus now insists on introducing himself to new people as "Bubba." As in, his new elementary school principal asks him, "And what's your name?" And Atticus looks at him and says, "Call me Bubba."